I'm sorry I haven't been posting much recently. I've been traveling a bit and honestly, feeling a little uncreative. My boyfriend, Kyle, and I are still in the process of getting our apartment together. We have this big blank wall in the kitchen (blank walls bother me!!) that I wanted to change, it was boring and lifeless so I decided to make a chalkboard wall. Since we are renters we can't drill holes in the wall or paint so I thought of this inexpensive alternative. Let's get crafting!
What You'll Need-
- Stick on Chalkboard (Groupon)- $7.99
- Crown Molding (Home Depot)- $13.00
- Scotch Indoor Mounting Tape or Command Strips- $
- Tape measure
- Fine Sand Paper (to sand the crown molding edges)
- Unroll the chalkboard, measure it to the size you want and cut it.
- Then mount it on the wall and measure the sides.
- Go to Home Depot and pick out a molding you want.
- Use the cutting station there if you don't have a saw at home (thanks, Kyle!!).
- Lightly sand the crown molding edges.
- Follow the instructions on the Scotch Indoor Mounting tape (or Command Strips) and place the crown molding around the chalkboard.
Enjoy your chalkboard!! You can make a calendar, meal schedule or write notes.